The main objective of playing the Winnings of Oz slot is to spin the reels and land matching symbols on the paylines. The online casino slot also offers Bonus Features and a Progressive Jackpot.
How to Play:
- Set the Line Bet by clicking on the +/- buttons below the Line Bet display.
- The slot can be played with up to 25 paylines. Select how many paylines you wish to play by using the +/- buttons below the Lines display.
- The Total Bet is calculated as Line Bet x Number of Paylines.
- Click on spin to play the game at the current Line Bet and paylines.
- You can also set a number of spins to be played through automatically using Auto Play. Click on the Auto Play Menu and select how many Auto Spins you wish to play. These will play through automatically (providing you have enough credit), only pausing if you select Stop or are awarded a Bonus Feature.
- Select Turbo Mode if you wish to skip the animations of the reels spinning for faster play.
- A winning spin will be clearly highlighted on the reels, with the total win displayed in the Win Field.
- All winning combinations and their values are displayed on the Paytable screen, which can be accessed via the Info button on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. To calculate the value of a win, multiply the figure shown on the Paytable by the Line Bet. Only the highest winning combination is paid on each payline.
Selecting Info will open the Winnings of Oz slot Info Pages, which includes information on payouts and bonus features. Use the arrows to move between the different pages. Select Back to return to the main reels.
Paylines are the directions that matching symbols follow across the reels to record Line Wins. Only active paylines (the ones that you bet on) can record Line Wins.
Please note: there is a difference between the Line Bet and the Total Bet. The Line Bet is the wager made on each individual payline. The Total Bet is the total wager made on all active paylines.
All possible payouts for the main game are displayed on the Paytable. To calculate the value of a Line Win (matching symbols on a payline), multiply the figure shown on the Paytable by the Line Bet.
Only the highest winning combination will be paid on each payline. Multiple wins can occur on different paylines; these are added together and paid as a total win.
All Line Wins must start on Reel 1, and be in a consecutive chain of at least three symbols on a payline.
The Wild Symbol can substitute for all other symbols (except Scatter Symbols) to form Line Wins. The Wild Symbol will also double the value of any Line Win that it is substituting in.
If two or more Wild Symbols appear on a payline starting on Reel 1, they can also form their own Line Win with a separate payout.
The Scatter Symbols do not need to appear on any paylines to be considered active. There are three different Scatter Symbols used in the Winnings of Oz slot:
- Bonus Scatter – appears on Reels 1, 3, and 5 only. If you land three Bonus Scatter Symbols anywhere on these reels after a spin, you will be awarded the Yellow Brick Road Bonus.
- Wizard Bonus Scatter – appears on Reel 5 only. If you land the Wizard Bonus Scatter on Reel 5 as well as landing two Bonus Scatters on Reels 1 and 3, you will be awarded the Meet the Wizard Bonus.
- Free Spins Scatter – appears on Reels 2, 3 and 4 only. If you land three Free Spins Scatter symbols anywhere on these reels after a spin, you will be awarded the Free Spins Bonus.
Please note: Scatter Symbols serve to activate the Bonus Games and do not have their own payout.
Yellow Brick Road Bonus:
If you land three Bonus Scatter Symbols in any position on Reels 1, 3 and 5, you will be awarded the Yellow Brick Road Bonus. It works as follows:
- A new screen will launch showing the Yellow Brick Road Trail.
- The objective is to spin the wheel and get Dorothy to the Emerald City. Spinning the wheel will result in landing on number, which moves Dorothy that many squares up the trail, or Collect, which ends the Bonus.
- Each square on the trail will have award either a Total Bet Multiplier or one of Dorothy’s companions – Scarecrow, Tin-Man or Lion.
- Collecting one companion will increase all Total Bet Multipliers on the trail x2.
- Collecting two companions will increase all Total Bet Multiplier on the trail x3.
- Collecting three companions will increase all Total Bet Multiplier on the trail x4.
- You can keep moving up the Yellow Brick Road until the wheel lands on Collect. This will end the Bonus and award you the current Total Bet Multiplier.
- If you reach the Emerald City, you will gain entry to the Meet the Wizard Bonus (explained below).
- If you reach the Emerald City and have collected all three characters, you will be awarded the Progressive Jackpot. The Meet the Wizard Bonus will not be played.
Meet the Wizard Bonus:
This Bonus is awarded in two ways: through completing the Yellow Brick Road Bonus as explained above, or by landing The Wizard Bonus Scatter Symbol on Reel 5 and two further Bonus Scatter Symbols on Reels 1 and 3. The Bonus works as follows:
- You will be awarded four picks from 20 Gold Coins.
- Choosing a coin will reveal either a cash prize, or 1 of the 4 Winnings of Oz characters – Dorothy, Lion, The Tin-Man or Scarecrow.
- If you have entered the Meet the Wizard Bonus through the Yellow Brick Road Bonus and collected some of the characters along the way, these will automatically be revealed. You will still have four picks after the characters are revealed.
- If you reveal all 4 Characters the Bonus will end and you will win the Progressive Jackpot.
Free Spins Bonus:
The Free Spins Bonus is awarded for landing three Scatter Symbols anywhere on Reels 2, 3 and 4. iT works as follows:
- You are initially awarded an unlimited amount of Free Spins. These will play through automatically.
- Two special Symbols are added to the reels during the Free Spins Bonus – The Good Witch Symbol and The Wicked Witch Symbol.
- The Good Witch Symbol acts as a Wild Symbol and substitutes for all other standard symbols. It does not double the value of a Line Win. Each time you land a Good Witch Symbol it is saved for the final Super Spin, which is explained below.
- The Wicked Witch Symbol is a Scatter Symbol. If you land two or more in any position on the reels, you will win a cash payout.
- The Free Spins will continue to play through until you have landed a total of five Wicked Witch Symbols throughout Free Spins. When this occurs the Super Spin will take place.
- The Super Spin is the last spin of the Bonus. When it plays any Good Witch Symbols that have been saved will be added randomly to the reels. You can add a maximum of 10 Good Witch Symbols for the Super Spin. If less than two Good Witch Symbols have been saved, extra Good Witch Symbols will be awarded to ensure a minimum of two.
- When the Super Spin has been played, the Free Spins Bonus will end and your winnings will be shown on a summary screen.
- Press Continue to return to the main game.
Please note: The Free Spins Bonus is played with the same Line Bet and paylines as the triggering spin.
There are three ways to win the Progressive Jackpot in Winnings of Oz slot:
- By revealing four characters in the Meet the Wizard Bonus.
- By collecting three character and reaching the Emerald City in the Yellow Brick Road Bonus.
- When you play for a high bet an extra square on the Yellow Brick Road Trail will be marked as Progressive Jackpot. Land on this square and you will be immediately awarded the Progressive Jackpot.
A Progressive Jackpot is funded by taking a small percentage from each player’s bets on the slot. The idea is that the fund will grow and grow until it is one by a single player. The casino also provides a base amount to the Jackpot fund, which is called a seed.
Please note: the software ensures that two players cannot win the Progressive Jackpot simultaneously.
Return to Player:
The theoretical RTP (Return to Player) is a minimum of 90.91% and a maximum of 92.00%.
The Casino Toolbar contains the following buttons and displays:
Game Balance – this displays your current William Hill Casino balance.
Cashier – this button will launch the main banking menu, which will allow you to deposit/withdraw or view banking history.
Play for Real Money – this button will appear when you are playing in Fun Mode. Select it to play the Winnings of Oz slot for real money.
Menu – this button opens the following tools:
- History – view the outcome of recent spins.
- Options – adjust settings, including audio and graphics.
- Help – load these help pages.
- Online support – contact online customer support.
Close – this button will close the current game tab and return to the main menu.
Quick Deposit – this button will launch quick deposit options, using your preferred deposit methods. The Quick Deposit Menu may appear in a pop up window (once per session) if your balance is running low.
Gadget Bar – The Gadget Bar Menu will appear on the right-hand side of the screen when it is enabled. It may contain mini casino games, or information on the latest promo offers from William Hill.
Note on Disconnections:
If you become disconnected from the internet during a spin in the main game, that spin will be completed. You can view the outcome of the spin by accessing History once you have reconnected to the internet and loaded the Winnings of Oz slot again.
If you become disconnected from the internet during one of the Bonus Features or Free Spins, you will be automatically redirected back to the game when you have logged into the casino again. You will be able to continue the Bonus Features from where you left off. All collected symbols will remain the same.
If you become disconnected from the internet when in Auto Play Mode, only the next spin will be completed. You can view the outcome of the spin by accessing the History once you have reconnected to the internet and loaded the game once more.
Note on Malfunctions:
Malfunction voids all wagers, with the stake being returned to the player.